Monday, March 8, 2010

The 82nd Annual Academy Awards (Fashion Edition)

Dear fashionable lovelies,
Did you all watch the Oscars?! (and by that I mean the Red Carpet). I was SO excited to tune in last evening!. The Oscars are undoubtedley the biggest fashion night of the year. Swoon! Even people from the Academy acknowledge that the fashion celebrities don is the largest part of the night. I saw many dresses and looks that I loved, but I chose to edit them down to my favourites for you all.

Sandra Bullock's look and dress was my ABSOLUTE favourite of the entire evening. Sandra Bullock's hair is so shiny and lovely. The hair is simple which makes room for a SHOW STOPPING dress. Sandra's beauty look was so simple, yet so beautiful. I loved the pink shade of her lip colour. The actress' jewels came from Neil Lane. The diamond and metal drop earings compliment her beauty look and dress so much. The Neil Lane bracelet adds the perfect little amount of accessorizing to this beauteous dress. And THE (Marchesa, GASP! dress). The intricate flowery beading is so breathtaking, and that COLOUR! Sandra shines (pardon the pun!).
For me, Cameron Diaz's dress choices are either hit or miss. This Oscar de la Renta number is georgous. I love the shape, the flowiness, and the embellishments. Simply lovely!

There was not anyway I could leave this beauty out. At first I was not quite sure if I liked this dress, but it has captured my utmost attention since. Many reasons: it is from Marchesa (oh Karen and Georgina, how I love you!), and it is PINK. LOVE. The accordian folds that morph into large ruffles are so intricate and beautiful.
If it was my choice, all of the actresses would wear Marchesa to the Oscars.

The Oscar's Red Carpet will remain one of my favourite events to watch for years to come. I love this night of old school glamour and beauty. It is so special.
Love,
Jill

1 comment:

blackbird said...

Jill!
I'm so excited to see new commenters! Keep up the great work!
-Jazz